Lack of interest Make Setting For Extended Facebook Permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

digitalpoint

XF 1.3.2 changed to use Facebook's 2.0 API, which requires a review for some of the permissions granted automatically under 1.0. Since the code still exists that will utilize the data from the extra permissions if Facebook passes it back, it would be really nice to have a setting under XF that basically allows you to tell XF what extra permissions you already have granted for your application (if any).

For example, this:
PHP:
$perms = 'public_profile,email';

Could just become something like:
PHP:
$perms = 'public_profile,email' . (XenForo_Application::get('options')->facebookExtendedPermissions ? ',' . XenForo_Application::get('options')->facebookExtendedPermissions : '');

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's worth pointing out that even though you have had your app grandfathered in, if you request extended permissions, you will still have to go through the review process within a year (or lose the ability to grant those permissions).

It's worth pointing out that even though you have had your app grandfathered in, if you request extended permissions, you will still have to go through the review process within a year (or lose the ability to grant those permissions).
Yep I know... I already have my review submitted. Personally, if it wasn't for our use of the publish_stream permission for some non-standard things, I wouldn't even bother with the rest of the stuff being lost:

upload_2014-5-13_10-1-34.webp

Lol... so my app review submission included adding publish_actions (the big one for me), user_website, user_birthday and user_location.

Kind of a funny review process... user_website and publish_actions were approved but user_birthday and user_location were not. Not sure I care enough to resubmit since the important one was approved.

Top Bottom