Not planned Make restricted content accessible and submit it to search engines.

Miri

When a category or section is made private or restricted to certain user groups, it would be great, with a Yes or No option, to send or not send the content to search engines for online indexing.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why? Why would you want content not available to the general public/users revealed and cached by search engines?
By the exact same principle, as when you preview attachments to unregistered people and tell them to register to view or download them. In my case, it would be the preview of the discussion or post indexed on the internet, but in order to read it in its entirety, ask for information or join the discussion, they would have to become members of that particular section or category.

To speak of "Cloacking" in my case, seems to me simply exaggerated. I have great respect for users and I hate misleading things too. So I'm not misleading anyone, that's for sure. Have you ever seen the newspapers? They let you read the "teaser" of the article on Google news and then the rest only if you are a subscriber. That's exactly why. I have a Blog category, where I pay authors to write quality articles. I want to get these articles read, only by the most active Forum users. It's not about money or deceiving anyone. Why always think bad? Thanks Andy for looking and sharing the information.

Top Bottom