RM 2.1 Make Resource Info Block Wider?

mazdas247

Hi,

Is there a way to make the Resource info block (that displays Author, Views etc) wider and the resource area narrower?

I've searched around and haven't found a solution yet...If there is, please point me in the right direction, thanks!

Add this to extra.less template.

CSS:
@media (min-width: 901px) {
   .resourceBody-sidebar {
       width: 300px;
   }
}

Not sure how familiar you are with css but the original setting was "250px" wide. This setting of "300px" will be 20% wider, you can adjust the number to whatever you like. You can also use a percentage, like "50%" and the sidebar would take up 50% of the page width. The media portion directs this setting to only apply to devices withe screens wider than 900px wide which basically means large tablets and desktops. Devices with a screen size narrower than that already place this information sidebar block below the description section.

First of all, thanks to both of you for responding, much appreciated!

@bzcomputers I tried that and it seems to have worked, thank you! I forgot to mention I wanted to make it wider for Desktop view but if I understand you correctly, that code snippet you provided takes this into account, right?

@beerForo Are you referring to "Sidebar and side navigation width" within Appearance > Styles> Default style - Style properties? If so, that is for the main XF sidebar (if I'm not mistaken) and I have used that setting to customize the sidebar width already...It appears the Resource sidebar cannot be customized via that page..?

Top Bottom