Make post sharing more obvious

Make post sharing more obvious

I suspect the selectors may be different.
I'm on my tablet so I can't inspect the code on your site.
Thanks. I asked at #2821 in the UI.X discussion and will see if someone within there is willing to see if they can determine the proper CSS labels.

I am going to make use of the CSS version.

In one of my forums, I made a template edit which essentially just duplicates the "#15" link but uses the word "Share". The icon in this resource is much cleaner though.

Thanks for the resource @Brogan !
WOuld you be able to show me how to do the "Share" instead? Thanks

I've tried the CSS method and also the image upload; neither works. Did something change in 1.5 / any reason this would no longer work?

Still working fine for me with 1.5.2
Thanks. I am having some other issue then, which I can't figure out:
- I edited EXTRA.CSS and confirmed it was with the appropriate Style
- I tried both the image code (and uploaded the file), and the CSS code...
I'll keep exploring...

I got this to work with the word "Share" instead of a "+" but only on desktop sized viewports. As soon as I scale down to a mobile sized viewport it disappears. The permalink also disappears.

How can I get this to also work on mobile sized viewports...

It is removed by default in the narrow width.

You will have to override that using EXTRA.css, or by editing the original CSS template.

Wouldn't sharing ability also be important in mobile viewports? I really would like that option. What Extra.css would I use to keep the permalink (and thus the sharing) in each post like on desktop viewports?

They seem to disappear when the viewport size hits a width of 480. If we could reduce that number to 310 this post sharing would be available for most, if not all current phones.

Any of you CSS wizards out there have a way to make the permalink appear on viewports less than 480 pixels wide? There does not seem to be a way to share posts on mobile like you can on desktop as that functionality disappears when you hit a xenforo board with mobile.

Would love to know how to do this with version 1.5.

How can I make a suggestion for this feature to be added to the next Xenforo release?

I've had a good look at those resources and don't quite understand how to use them to solve this issue. I wouldn't even know what to look for specifically in order to change it: what controls the disappearing of the permalink at 480 pixels. I am not a programmer or css person so tinkering with that, if I could find it, is beyond my skill set. Thanks for your suggestions though.

I think I will post a request in https://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/ to see if I can pay someone to create this fix for me.

Top Bottom