XF 1.2 Make like rating option not appear for guests without using permissions

I would like the "like" rating option to not appear for guests. However, I would like it to appear for everyone else without using permissions to do so. I have an addon, Post Ratings, but I am creating a harmony with post likes and the normal like rating system. I can make likes always show when I remove the <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}"></xen:if> and just leave the like code in the post template. However, the side-effect is that it displays for guest, although they have to login when they press the button. Is there a way I can modify the <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}"></xen:if> part to only not display for guests, but not use permissions for it? The reason why I cannot use permissions is because of the way the post rating plugins works, it disables likes on all the posts so I "force" likes to stay there even when post ratings is on or off on a particular forum. Let me know if you need more info and I know this might sound overly complex for what I am trying to do.

Ah yes, that should work nicely. I will have to think about it though. I might leave it on there because it is one more "push" for people to sign up or log in so they can rate a post if it helped them. Thanks for the help Russ! Also your themes are awesome!

Top Bottom