1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Make like rating option not appear for guests without using permissions

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Noobstradamus, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

I would like the "like" rating option to not appear for guests. However, I would like it to appear for everyone else without using permissions to do so. I have an addon, Post Ratings, but I am creating a harmony with post likes and the normal like rating system. I can make likes always show when I remove the <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}"></xen:if> and just leave the like code in the post template. However, the side-effect is that it displays for guest, although they have to login when they press the button. Is there a way I can modify the <xen:if is="{$post.canLike}"></xen:if> part to only not display for guests, but not use permissions for it? The reason why I cannot use permissions is because of the way the post rating plugins works, it disables likes on all the posts so I "force" likes to stay there even when post ratings is on or off on a particular forum. Let me know if you need more info and I know this might sound overly complex for what I am trying to do.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

3. Noobstradamus

Noobstradamus Member

Ah yes, that should work nicely. I will have to think about it though. I might leave it on there because it is one more "push" for people to sign up or log in so they can rate a post if it helped them. Thanks for the help Russ! Also your themes are awesome!