Make it possible to "spam clean" a member from the ACP

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
With the User Change Log it is very easy to find profile and signature spammers.

They can be banned simply enough but that doesn't submit them as a spammer nor delete any content.

I know the Spam Cleaner is a front end tool but it would be great if there was the same ability in the ACP.

Currently the workflow is a bit laborious after identifying a spammer from the user change log:
  1. Click on name
  2. Click on Actions
  3. Select View Public Profile
  4. Click on Moderator Tools
  5. Select Spam
  6. Click on Clean Up
It would be nice if there was an equivalent "Clean Up" button in the ACP either on the profile page or change log directly.

Upvote 69
Great suggestion. :)

I came across this situation the other day, doing this from the ACP would definitely be handy.

Yup - I use the StopHumanSpam add-on from @tenants which is great for trapping spam links, but has a similar workflow to spam cleanse; would be great to do it direct from the ACP. (y)

Yup - I use the StopHumanSpam add-on from @tenants which is great for trapping spam links, but has a similar workflow to spam cleanse; would be great to do it direct from the ACP. (y)

Hopefully bumping this isn't a faux pas... I got sick of the workflow and created my own template modification to add a spam button to both the edit user, and to the StopHumanSpam log entries. Thought you might find it useful:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/spam-cleaner-in-admin-control-panel.3612/

There's both a pre-built mod you can just load into the Add-Ons, and instructions on how to DIY.

Last edited:
I cannot find that this suggestion was ever implemented. It seems as though steps 5 and 6 are no longer options in the Moderator Tools either. If the newer versions of xF went in another direction and I missed the bus I apologize, but this is a really good idea in my estimation.

The instructions in the first post are still valid.

Bear in mind that the "Spam" link will only be shown to users who meet the "Spam Cleaner User Criteria" options in the Admin CP.

I see. I just selected a couple of random members and the "Spam" link wasn't there. Seems like Spammers can get a good foot hold on occasion before the trigger goes off or a hit shows up from the database(s). I still like the suggestion FWIW.

YES! Here's another plea for this addition. Seems so logical. And, while you're adding this feature could links to member's posts and threads (separately is preferred) to the members registration in AdminCP?

Top Bottom