1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Make forum submission only?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by KillermanGabe, May 3, 2014.

1. KillermanGabe

KillermanGabe Member

I'm not sure if this is an add-on, but I saw on a website that one of the forums was submission only. Basically you could see the sticky threads and threads you have posted, but not others. I figured this would be cool for my forum mod application forum. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. tsak76

tsak76 Active Member

forum permissions for usergroups

View node: Inherit or Allow
    View threads by others: Revoke
    View thread content: Inherit or Allow
  3. KillermanGabe

KillermanGabe Member

Okay, I did that, but now instead of saying (Submission Only) it says (Private) and doesn't show the sticky threads. I want it to show the sticky threads, in this case the format they need to use, and the posts they have made. So my members can only see posts that are sticky or ones they posted in the forum.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no combination of permissions which will allow members to see sticky threads and their own threads only.
  5. KillermanGabe

KillermanGabe Member

So this is an add-on?
  6. KillermanGabe

KillermanGabe Member

Wow did this thread get popular... Anyone out there have an add-on that can do this?
  7. KillermanGabe

KillermanGabe Member

An example of this is here. http://hypixel.net
    The "Staff Application", "Ban Appeal", and "Report Abuse/Hackers" forums all have this Submission Only. You can see threads you have posted and sticky threads.
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Is this a custom add-on or is it already made?