1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Make First Post Look Different From Replies.

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Xarcell, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Can someone who's a bit more code savvy post some code/template change that will make the first post look different from all the replies?

If someone can do that, I can HTML/CSS it and change the layout a bit. I just don't know how to separate the first post from replies.

The reason for this is that I want to have articles in certain parts of my forum. An article really isn't much different from a topic other than looks and a few other little tweaks. If someone could get me half-way, I can prolly get it the rest of the way. Just simple template changes...
    otto likes this.
  2. Awesome-o

Awesome-o Active Member

And with custom thread fields available for the first post of a thread, you could REALLY create just about anything! Classifieds, reviews, directories.... you name it.