XF 2.2 Make a Custom User Field dependant on another field

bearded_buddha

Apologies if this has already answered but i couldn't find anything. Is it possible to make a Custom User field dependent on another one?
I would like a custom user field for "Account Type" (Single, Couple Etc) and a linked Gender Field.

Examples as below:-

Single > Male
Female
Trans
Non Binary

Couple > Male / Female
Male / Male
Female / Female

The options for couples would not show if single is selected and vice versa

It would require custom development to do it properly and dynamically update the page when the the first option is selected.

Otherwise you can edit the template and show/hide the second field based on the value of the first field, using a conditional statement.

Thank you.

I have some basic code knowledge but will get the fields setup before seeking advise on code to hide / show them short term.

Then get someone to work on a dynamic solution longer term

It would require custom development to do it properly and dynamically update the page when the the first option is selected.

Otherwise you can edit the template and show/hide the second field based on the value of the first field, using a conditional statement.

Which template would need the conditional statement adding? I can't see those fields in "Custom_Fields_Macros" or "Register_Form"

Top Bottom