Resource icon

Maintenance Screen 1.0.3

No permission to download
Sorry (no pun intended :)), I disagree as it didn't fully work for me without this change.
With sorry.html in the root of your XenForo installation (/ for me), then if the user is trying to load <xenforo>/misc/contact (/misc/contact) for me, then the Add-On will try to find sorry.html in <xenforo>/misc/sorry.html (/misc/sorry.html for me) which obviously fails as sorry.html is in <xenforo>/ (/ for me) and not in {xenforo}/misc/

I could confirm your bug and an corrected version has been uploaded. I recommend everyone to upgrade to ensure that "sorry.html" is called in forum root, no matter which file your visitor requests if XenForo is down.

Thank you.

yes.. i used version 1.0.1

Then, please, describe exactly what you've done with the included "sorry.html" file and if you've edited any other file in the package.If you've done so, download the package again and reinstall it without modification as per instructions.

Because, there is no error.html involved and your description shows no real problem.
It is correct that users are redirected to the Maintenance Screen, if your forum is down, and the Maintenance Screen redirects your users automatically back to your forum as soon as it is available again.

It would be helpful if you can provide a link to your forum to be able to look at your sorry.html file and help you debugging your settings.

Then, please, describe exactly what you've done with the included "sorry.html" file and if you've edited any other file in the package.If you've done so, download the package again and reinstall it without modification as per instructions.

Because, there is no error.html involved and your description shows no real problem.
It is correct that users are redirected to the Maintenance Screen, if your forum is down, and the Maintenance Screen redirects your users automatically back to your forum as soon as it is available again.

It would be helpful if you can provide a link to your forum to be able to look at your sorry.html file and help you debugging your settings.
yes ..thanks you..reinstall and reworked..:P

wmtech updated Maintenance Screen with a new update entry:

Pedantic code cleaning, no need to upgrade

1) Minor update with just pedantic code cleaning changes. No need to update if you use version 1.0.1.

2) Changed included "sorry.html" to "sorry_default.html" to prevent unintended overwriting of already customized files when updating.

3) Updated README to instruct renaming of "sorry_default.html".

-------------------------
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
-------------------------

Read the rest of this update entry...

I can't seem to find where my modified sorry.html goes? After installing there is only one file in the library/WMTech/MaintenanceScreen folder. I don't see it in my forum root either :eek:

I can't seem to find where my modified sorry.html goes? After installing there is only one file in the folder library/WMTech/MaintenanceScreen. I don't see it in my forum root either :eek:

Upload your modified "sorry.html" into your forum root folder. Just beside e.g. XenForo's "rgba.php" and "admindav.php" files.

It is correct that only 1 file is in library/WMTech/MaintenanceScreen.

Upload your modified "sorry.html" into your forum root folder. Just beside e.g. XenForo's "rgba.php" and "admindav.php" files.

It is correct that only 1 file is in library/WMTech/MaintenanceScreen.
Ah ok I just assumed the sorry_default.html would be where the regular sorry.html would be put as well

Ah ok I just assumed the sorry_default.html would be where the regular sorry.html would be put as well

It should be exactly there. ;)
Depending on how you upload your files you may have missed that file or placed it wrong.

I'll check if we can make this compatible with the addon auto-installer, to make the upload process easier for you. I assume it should already be compatible with it.

We'll also release another version of this addon soon, where you don't need to do anything with external files. It'll just work out of the box. :)

Top Bottom