Main site content and news

Thunderfall

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade to xenforo soon from vB.

Xenforo doesn't have an official CMS addon. I wonder what most people use for managing main site content or news?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade to xenforo soon from vB.

Xenforo doesn't have an official CMS addon. I wonder what most people use for managing main site content or news?

Thanks.
You could go the Wordpress route as mentioned above. There is a bridge between Wordpress and XF it's called xenWors. Support is limited since the addons author has been very busy lately.

Is it regular WordPress or a custom fork of WordPress?

Will it affect ability to upgrade to latest version of Xenforo?

I am kinda reluctant to install third party addons since they could make it harder to upgrade forum...

Is it regular WordPress or a custom fork of WordPress?

Will it affect ability to upgrade to latest version of Xenforo?

I am kinda reluctant to install third party addons since they could make it harder to upgrade forum...
It's regular Wordpress. Take a look at the add on XenWord. If you just search for it in the search bar it should come up.

If you don't want to use a non-XenForo portal solution, there are several native XenForo portal solutions that you might want to look at, such as CTA Featured Threads & Portal, XenPorta 2 Pro and Extra Portal. You can find these in the Resources section. Search in there for other portal solutions too.

There is also a static page feature built in to XenForo. If you need content, then you can use that without needing any secondary installs or integrations. If you want to incorporate that content as part of your site navigation, then you could use the custom tabs extension. This way, you're keeping your "footprint" relatively low.

I wouldn't go the WordPress route for non-blogging content, personally. I get a lot of flak for my militant aversion to WordPress, but I have my reasons.

There is also a static page feature built in to XenForo. If you need content, then you can use that without needing any secondary installs or integrations. If you want to incorporate that content as part of your site navigation, then you could use the custom tabs extension. This way, you're keeping your "footprint" relatively low.

I wouldn't go the WordPress route for non-blogging content, personally. I get a lot of flak for my militant aversion to WordPress, but I have my reasons.

I feel similarly about WP, hate it. Thought I might use it just for blogging, but frankly I'm reluctant really and I probably won't.

I looked at your site and you appear to be doing what I was talking about here regarding use of Disqus:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/blog-question-revisited-xenforo-as-blog.120909/

So is any part of your site there using XenForo? Also, what exactly is powering the blog in the "/blog" directory of your site? Are you using any different CMS there?

Top Bottom