• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Main Catagory Link displays but it's blank

Am I being a noob right now?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did you have to ask?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Assuming that http://domain/ works, that URL should work - it's just a particular anchor in the page. But since xenxero.com itself doesn't work, that's why. Looks like your rewrite rules aren't there/correct.

EQnoble

Ohh that is a blank html doc at the root as a place holder for my landing page that I am building currently. The site is also installed in site root.

Assuming that I installed xf with that index.html page sitting there already, do you know off the top of your head which values in rewrite would need modifying?

EQnoble

You likely have telepathy because that fixed it lol. You may now answer honestly in the poll, I am indeed a noob :)
I used index.html so visitors wouldn't go to the forum until I was done building the basics unless they knew the actual address. No biggie... renamed it, all works now and I will just pass protect the siteroot if I need to while in dev.

Thanks yet again Mike, if I was playing who wants to be a millionaire, you would be nominated for one of my lifelines.