1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Catagory Link displays but it's blank

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by EQnoble, Jan 22, 2011.

Am I being a noob right now?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)
  3. Did you have to ask?

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I didn't know if this was a bug or something I need to configure for myself or what but before I report it as a bug or break anything I wanted to ask if this is normal.

The page that shows up blank is:
    Main Category = http://{myXFdomain}/#main-category.1
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Assuming that http://domain/ works, that URL should work - it's just a particular anchor in the page. But since xenxero.com itself doesn't work, that's why. Looks like your rewrite rules aren't there/correct.
    EQnoble likes this.
  3. EQnoble

Ohh that is a blank html doc at the root as a place holder for my landing page that I am building currently. The site is also installed in site root.

Assuming that I installed xf with that index.html page sitting there already, do you know off the top of your head which values in rewrite would need modifying?
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'll likely need to rename index.html or turn off friendly URLs in XF.
    EQnoble likes this.
  5. EQnoble

You likely have telepathy because that fixed it lol. You may now answer honestly in the poll, I am indeed a noob :)
    I used index.html so visitors wouldn't go to the forum until I was done building the basics unless they knew the actual address. No biggie... renamed it, all works now and I will just pass protect the siteroot if I need to while in dev.

Thanks yet again Mike, if I was playing who wants to be a millionaire, you would be nominated for one of my lifelines.