XF 1.2 Mail in 1.2.1

jayramfootball

I read the announcements about the mail issue in 1.2.1 that could cause issues when running php 5.2.

I am using php 5.3 and I seem to be getting some errors:

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Too many concurrent SMTP connections from this IP address; please try again later. - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Could not read from mail3.gridhost.co.uk - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:385

These errors are being thrown about 2-3 times per day.

These are errors generated from your SMTP server - either a connection error in the latter case or the server is simply limiting your connections. You may need to contact your SMTP provider or use a different method of sending mail.

I read the announcements about the mail issue in 1.2.1 that could cause issues when running php 5.2.

I am using php 5.3 and I seem to be getting some errors:

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Too many concurrent SMTP connections from this IP address; please try again later. - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Could not read from mail3.gridhost.co.uk - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:385

These errors are being thrown about 2-3 times per day.

Sounds to be like your host is limiting connections to your SMTP server, and your install is going over that limit.

Top Bottom