• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Magento bridge features.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I am now hiring someone to make this for me. Personally I find the idea of using jFusion to link to joomla to link to magento bloated and just not needed. I would rather have a direct link between the two.

I will look at releasing it to the community also.

My question to you is what would you like implemented in this bridge? I'm not saying everything will be included, as I will still be limited by my own budget, but I will look at adding them in.

Dual login
Dual registration
Profiles linked
Domain and subdomain capabilities

Anything else?

I am actively looking for the same thing and also don't want to have to integrate Joomla just to get a bridge. I will contribute to the development costs as well. Additional feature request would be a way to integrate purchases made through Magento into a trophy type system.

Hi Slavik,
You also can take another Magento extension (integration of Magento and Vbulletin) for reference.
They can be integarated more deeply and be more powerful.

http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_vbulletin_integration.html
List of features:
User Experience:
  • Allows Customers to discuss products using powerful vBulletin board features right from Magento front-end;
  • Shows discussion posts in Magento front-end on the Product Discussion page;
  • Supports BB-code, quotes, user avatars, attachments and user signatures;
  • One Product has single discussion thread no matter on which Magento Website it is discussed, which is very useful for multi-website Magento owners;
  • Gives Admin an option to switch the posts list display style from legacy vertical to standard vBulletin horizontal style;
  • Creates "My Forum Posts" tab in logged-in Customer’s area with useful per-forum filter;
Registration and Accounts:
  • A customer is logged-in and logged-out from both Magento and vBulletin accounts simultaneously;
  • Gives Admin an option to replace vBulletin’s complicated registration process with simple registration from Magento front-end;
  • Enables Customers to create a forum account that would be associated with their Magento account, yet configured separately;
  • Customers can use their forum accounts created before module installation;
  • Customer with several Magento accounts can be associated with one vBulletin Member, which is useful for multi-website Magento owners when Customers are shared per website;
Installation and Administration:
  • Allows for vBulletin and Magento to be installed on different servers and MySQL databases;
  • Allows for enabling/disabling vBulletin integration for each store view, which is useful for multi-language Magento but single language vBulletin installation;
  • Comes with a User Manual;
  • 100% Open Source.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Cheers

All quotes i've been given so far are around the $1000 mark, so unless there was going to be a high level of enthusiasm behind this, it would have to wait untill I open my online store up

Actually Ineed a shop to be implemented on my forum (not necessary has to be magento). This shop i would rent it to my forum member to sell their items. for example if they paid 10dollars, they are allowed to list 10 items for 1 month.

Kintaro

I found this on freelancer... but I think that was not completed right?

I suggested aitoc.com to port their vb integration on xenforo... maybe if more people suggest the same thing they will take a look on xenforo (falling in love with it ;))

Hello @slavik
Useful things to consider:

1) unified userbar across the whole site
2) unified likes system
3) unified on news feed system
4) magento type elements as XF search types

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Despite many peoeple saying they would like this and offering to chip into development costs, not 1 person actually donated.

At this moment in time it is not something I will be actively pursuing as the time vs reward factor simply isn't good enough.

Kintaro

Slavik how much is development costs? who is going to develop?

p.s. I'm waiting for a response from AITOC.com to know if they are interested in develop a porting of the vb integration. Maybe with good number of preorder they can do it.

I need a xenforo magento plugin, else, will have to use the vB plugin by aitoc, but I really wish to use xenforo... Any suggestions...

On another note... does it make sense introducing joomla on my magento eCommerce platform...as a worst case scenario to using jfusion option.... I have no business with joomla.... really.. don't... I already have WP...

Will appreciate kind advise..

Kintaro

This is the response of aitoc.com:

"Unfortunately, since we are discussing an extremely heavy piece of work (+$20,000) the only option I can suggest is a custom solution. We'll gladly discuss the details if the estimate mentioned is within your budget.
Best wishes,"

That's what am thinking... then.. WP bridge with Xenforo....so, it'll be magento - wp - xenforo... not sure if it'll work fine, but will test it out next week...