Lower Middle Class Forum Owners

the only thing that is good here is the oil price .... :( ..
if I could just move out of this corrupted unhumanitarian land ... the ppl is good but not the Gov...
Brogan ... you run a Formula one Forum right ?

checkout what is going on the Bahrain and tell me if you would like Formula to be there !

.... the ppl doesn't have any rights ... and don't think we are reach :( ... only the royal Family

Urgh, don't get me started on fuel prices. I'll be here for the rest of the night.

Let's just say it got so bad at one point last year that I bought an old diesel with a mechanical fuel pump so that I could run it on vegetable oil as it was 3/4 the price of diesel. Worked like a charm, but rust got the better of the car! :(

As for Tapatalk, I've always scoffed at their branding-free prices, not all us forum owners can monetise our forums well enough to fund that kind of spend for just a mobile app.

Personally, I use Forum Runner. It's got a few shortcomings, but push notifications and better xF support win me over!

I remember hearing that the first couple of sites that embraces Tapatalk got their apps free (XDA Developers for one I think)

A member of my site wants to do a basic apple mobile app. I kinda don't care how basic it is because I can't afford $799 for Tapatalk custom branding.

Oh ands it not "just" to remove branding. It gives you yor own app which s a much bigger deal than a simple branding removal.

What are the differences between Basic and Premium Package?
A: Premium Package includes all features found in Basic Package, in addition it also includes Google Analytics integration and Color Customization options. Premium Package allows you to engage with our engineering resources to further customize the app at $50US/hour.
It will be very few change you can do on the server-side if the app is not customized.
A: You can request to update your app at any time, we charge $50US/hour engineering fee to upgrade. A typical update takes about 3-4 hours per app.
Please be noted that we do not provide server-side customization. We also require customer to purchase a minimum of 20 hours of work bucket before any customization to be started.

This **** is a joke, all up over 4 grand for a "premium app" you basically have no control over besides your pretty colors & logo.

// rich members on here who probably wouldn't be phased by the price

The rich get rich because they consider things like cost benefit analysis and value, and hard work, that is if they didn't inherit their money.

I'll put it this way. When I was a kid, my dad used to talk about how much things were when he was a kid. Movies cost 5¢ and you could sit and stay in the theater all day. Gas was around 18¢ a gallon. Stamps were about 3¢ each. Heck, I went and looked up some info and, if it's accurate, in my dad's day, right around 1935, you could by a car for $580. Now my dad didn't have one until he got married, but at least one TV set I saw, which was about the size of a Buick with a screen only slightly larger than a Galaxy Note, advertised at $189 ($79 without the tube.) in 1939.

I guess what I'm saying is, hearing this my whole life, and hearing even more ridiculous pricing from my Grandparents, I just presumed that I was going to be paying $100 for a loaf of bread by the time I was 30. Things have actually progressed a little more slowly than I expected, but I'm just of a mind to think, as time passes, it just goes up. Because for centuries, it always has.

With that said, I don't get too excited over branding fees because, for one, there's few situations where I've ever felt inclined to even think about it, but mainly because I know branding is an entirely arbitrary pricing. It's what you think you're worth. And, well, if you think your worth thousands, so be it. As long as your main product is affordable and you're not withholding sensible stuff because of that, then I won't hold it against you if you want outrageous amounts for your name to be taken off of it. I'd probably short-sell myself anyway in the same position.

The 800 USD Tapatalk App is not custom development, you just get the app. You can buy custom development for additional 1.000 USD (20 hours for 50 USD) where the 20 hours are minimum you have to buy. The 800 USD is only for either iOS or Android App. So it is 1.600 USD if you want to have apps for both platforms.
In my city, a good coder takes $ 20 per hour. That's interesting. I ask how much it costs to make such an application.

Cheapest petrol price where I live (UK, Worthing) is £1.33 a litre ($2.13)
Diesel is £1.41 ($2.26)

On average it's £6.06 or $9.72 per gallon here.

We have a price of about $ 1 per 1 liter of petrol 95. But I know a place where I can buy the same petrol for $ 0.7. But we have great prices on the full insurance and tax. Full insurance and tax on our car is worth about three thousand dollars a year. And this is not the limit. And we pay a lot of money for customs import cars. I live inRussia.

They price it out, not necessarily because they expect lots of people will pay that amount, but because they don't want people to remove the branding since the brand advertising is economically rewarding (it's also econmically rewarding for the one rare user that does pay this amount)

If you know it costs so much money to be allowed to remove it, they chances are, you wont dare touch it (since you don't want to be caught out and have to pay the big bucks)

I'm sure there are a few that still pay for the branding removal, taptalk also know they would make a lot more from their current users if they reduced the prices.. to say $50. But the price of advertising their product to gain more members means a lot more to them than just $50, so they price it out (meaning very few people will pay for the branding removal, and very few people will think about removing the branding unethically, but they get more members)

What the consequences might be if someone removes the logo without pay? In my country, copyright protection does not work. I have 31 years and I know of no one private person who has a license Windows or Photoshop.

Top Bottom