XF 1.4 Lower backup size

NYCFC

My backups are fairly large.
The forum has almost 130,000 posts and nearly 2,000 members. The backups are 2.2gb. Is that normal? Or is there some stuff I can do to prune old data that won't affect threads/members.

You could omit the xf_search_index table, which can be rebuilt in the event of a restore.

Other than that, you can disable the 'Cache BB Code output' option in Options -> Performance, which is likely another large table and doesn't really make much difference in having it enabled or disabled.

You could omit the xf_search_index table, which can be rebuilt in the event of a restore.

Other than that, you can disable the 'Cache BB Code output' option in Options -> Performance, which is likely another large table and doesn't really make much difference in having it enabled or disabled.
That was already disabled. Omitting xf_search would be done through host database management? I'm assuming, rather than via Xenforo?

If that is disabled does it then empty the table? Or will I have to do that manually? What is the table name? Thank you.

Top Bottom