Loves vs likes for suggestion threads

Mr Lucky

We know that the dev team may evaluate Xenforo suggestions based on the number of likes in the OP. I was just wondering, now that we have loves, if they count more than a like when deciding the worth of a suggestion?

We used to go by the "First post likes". We now go by the "First post reaction score". You can order the suggestion forum by that value and you can hover over the "Views / Replies" cell to see a tooltip of the first post reaction score for that thread.

Essentially Like, Love and Haha are counted as one. Other reactions don't count at all.

Essentially Like, Love and Haha are counted as one. Other reactions don't count at all.

Haha, so if we laugh at a suggestion it gets a vote! :LOL:

I do believe love should get more than like. I keep telling my wife I really like her, somehow it isn't quite enough :)

We're just using the default set of reactions where we have three positive (+1) reactions and three neutral (+/-0) reactions. We have no plans to weight them differently.

Longer term, the suggestions forum will likely be different, in some way.

Longer term, the suggestions forum will likely be different, in some way.

Good idea, with the new reactions, potentially downvoting via angry is possible. But some kind of a poll might be good - it may be easier to recognise popular opinion such as

• Must have in the core
  • Good idea but better as an addon
  • Terrible idea, should not even be considered

downvoting via angry is possible
No, it isn't. Angry, Sad and Wow count as 0. Using one of those reactions has no impact on the overall score. It's essentially the same as not clicking the like button at all.

No, it isn't. Angry, Sad and Wow count as 0. Using one of those reactions has no impact on the overall score. It's essentially the same as not clicking the like button at all.

yes I realised that and edited my post above to say potentially downvoting.

Top Bottom