Love TaigaChat, but need something with integrated WYSIWYG editor instead of bbcode.

I love the TaigaChat and appreciate the work that went into it. But I am coming from vBulletin 4 with VSa Chat, and it has an awesome built in WYSIWYG editor built into it. Upi can simply click the bold button, and your text is bold. You change the color, and it changes throughout the chat until you change it. You can use all the editor functions you can in a regular post.

I am migrating a forum with about 103,000 posts on it, and out little community loves the chat. It looks like this:

Capture.webp
I personally like TaigaChat and think it is the best I have seen so far, but it is nothing like VSa Chat. Anybody added a proper WYSIWYG editor to TaigaChat or heard of a different chat which does? I looked at CometChat but I dont like the way it rides in the bottom of the page, and it lacks the WYSIWYG capability as well.

Possible to port VSa Chat?

WYSIWYG for Chat seems weird.
The point of chat is that it's fast. Fussing with the formatting is weird.
Taigachat is no faster than VSa chat.

TaigaChat is what has one fussing with codes, not VSa Chat. You simply type and enter just like in TaigaChat but much faster. Want to bold your text? Click bold, type and then enter. In TaigaChat, you type, then click the button, it puts code in the chat, then you have to carefully type between the code to do the formatting, then hit enter.

If you have an active community with 10 or more in the chat, being able to change the color of your font easily or perhaps the style or size becomes very important. WYSIWYG in VSa Chat is persistent. You select green bold for your chat type, and it stays that way until you change it again, throughout your chat session. In TaigaChat, you have to fuss with bbcodes in every message you send in the chatbox.

Have you ever used VSa Chat? Weird or not, I posted it in this thread as a request. Its an AJAX chat and you can see it in the vBulletin forums here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=235271

So, does anyone have a way for me to use the "weird" WYSIWYG editor like the one in VSa Chat? The editor style in the posts for Xenforo would be nice. :)

Used to love vsa chat personally back in my vbulletin days - will see about adding something similar to taigachat pro which is currently under slow development due to slight lack of confidence in xenforo

I feel honored! I actually love your chatbox. But I have been using licensed versions of vBulletin since it first came out. I have run several very large forums on it. Now, I hate vBulletin and I have decided to jump to Xenforo. The base install was missing lots of the functionality I have on my current vBulletin 4 forums, but the addons brought everything else on par with my current boards. All except the chat. I need for the chats to go quickly, and my users are accustomed to being able to select their colors, sizes, and to use shortcodes for smilies and such. And those settings need to be persistent, which means that clicking the button, and typing between code tags is not going to work for them. I have a couple of members beta testing the Xenforo forums I have running in stealth in a different directory until I am ready to make the permanent switch.

I would be willing to pay you for this functionality. :)

Used to love vsa chat personally back in my vbulletin days - will see about adding something similar to taigachat pro which is currently under slow development due to slight lack of confidence in xenforo

BTW, I also had that concern about Xenforo, but even if it froze in development at 1.13, it would still be preferable to the bloated nightmare that vBulletin has become for me. I want to support these developers here who actually created vBulletin to begin with. I think that vBulletin and IB will be forced to give up their legal actions. Even if they dont, I am still migrating. :)

Can you implant this into the pro please :D

- Private chatrooms so if i click on a user I can start a chat with them.
- Edit messages in the live chatbox.
- Notice message
- Commands:
/prune
/notice
/ban username reason
/promote username moderator

Any progress on adding WYSIWYG to TaigaChat? Is Pro going to be released? I will pay....

Ye well i don't think there will be any other updates from Devs until their court hearing anymore . Would like to know if Pro version is coming out or not .

Ye well i don't think there will be any other updates from Devs until their court hearing anymore . Would like to know if Pro version is coming out or not .

:( I wish this werent the case. Xenforo 1.1.3 is a better product than vBulletin 5 even if it doesnt update for a couple of years IMO. Like vBulletin 3, the latest version of Xenforo stands tall on its own even if they NEVER update it. This is coming from sobebody who has used vBulletin since it came out 12 years ago. :) I am confident that Xenforo will triumph over Internet Brands. Still, I understand what you are saying and the reluctance of the Devs. Perhaps I will try and take a shot at it myself. :)

I'm actually waiting on the pro version of Taiga Chat. I hope you get some more motivation soon DI! :-/

Top Bottom