XF 1.4 Lost Forum, Recovering

Robust

So, I was using UI.X's feature to drag nodes around and I deleted a parent node because it was empty (or looked empty). Seems like UI.X didn't save them properly, so I lost a forum and all of the discussions within it. I have a backup from a few months ago, but it has most of the posts in this forum. A few months ago they were actually 3 different forums, which I made into one.

Logically speaking, I did an insert ignore query (same XF version BTW) to move posts from xf.post and xf.thread in the old database to the new database, which will only move the entries if they don't already exist. Then in xf.thread I did an update query (update xf.thread set node_id=x where node_id=x). They ran successfully, but only some of the posts/threads came over (yes I did rebuild) and threads are associated with the wrong posts etc. This would be a problem if they were two separate databases, but it's just an old backup. Thread IDs and post IDs should be the same.

What am I doing wrong?

I wouldn't recommend manually inserting records in that manner as there are many interconnected tables which need to be updated.

I can only suggest restoring from a recent backup.

I wouldn't recommend manually inserting records in that manner as there are many interconnected tables which need to be updated.

I can only suggest restoring from a recent backup.
Restoring would lose a lot of data as well. The backup isn't recent but it has most of the posts from that forum. I just want to overwrite a forum that was 'accidentally' deleted. When a post/thread is made, isn't xf.thread and xf.post the only tables affected?

Top Bottom