Looking to transfer

Brett Peters

I currently run vb 4.1.1 , To make a long story short I would prefer to use Xenforo but have a few concerns and questions.

How would URL redirection from vB to Xenforo be accomplished
What can not be imported from vB 4.1.1
Will the upgrade policy work from version to version or will users be hit with purchasing version 2

I currently run vb 4.1.1 , To make a long story short I would prefer to use Xenforo but have a few concerns and questions.

How would URL redirection from vB to Xenforo be accomplished
What can not be imported from vB 4.1.1
Will the upgrade policy work from version to version or will users be hit with purchasing version 2

Thanks for the helpful links, Looks like everything should be covered regarding URL's.
The only other thing to check of the list would be BB Code, Can any one confirm that I can add the following to BB Code

Example of new BB Code

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
xxxxxxxxxxxx = "xxx-{param}";
xxxxxxxxxxxx = "{option}";
xxxxxxxxxxxx = xxx;
xxxxxxxxxxxx = xxx;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http:// justanother domain name.com/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx.js">
</script>

User example
[New BB="Input 1"]Input 2[/New BB]

That would be my last concern

I thank you greatly for your time to help me navigate the forums at this early stage.

I must say that I am impressed with initial user view, But most importantly the XenForo forum has everything nicely laid out in one single easy to use place that seems friendly and un complicated. That in its self is no easy task and is the reason I will hopefully be making a purchase very shortly.

I know it is only early stages but I did not see a privacy policy and terms and rules really needs to be expanded for every aspect, Any way I can discuss these things after a purchase.

Thanks again

Purchased
smile.png

Any one know the best place to offload a vb4 forum license ?

OK so I have done the switch to XenForo and it was surprisingly easy, Still need to do some fine tuning

The only issue I seem to have regarding the transfer is signatures that include the non valid BB Codes from vb like [sigpic][/sigpic]

Any way to easily strip the invalid entries from the signatures

Top Bottom