Looking To Buy But Have Hosting Question

Merideus

This will be completely knew to me I'm someone who has used Wordpress for 5+ years but wanted to use Xeno for my next project. My question is when buying a host will any hosting server work?

I'd be buying just an everyday hosting service from either Godaddy or hostgator. Both of which I've used in the past.

If I also pay Xeno to install it on the server will these hosts be ok?

I will never use hostgator and godaddy ever again in my life. And I will make an effort to go out of my way to come here and post that I do not recommend them. If you are serious about your forum, you should be serious about being in control of your domain name and go for quality hosting.

Welcome to xenforo by the way :)

I absolutely agree with what xenfans has written. I would suggest you look for a host that has nothing to do with EIG, as you most probably won’t be satisfied with their services. You can easily find on the Internet a list of all hosting companies that are owned by them. And when looking for a host, try to find one that offers SSD storage as this will make your website load a lot faster than it will with traditional hard drives. I noticed this huge difference with my current host BGOcloud.

Last edited:
This will be completely knew to me I'm someone who has used Wordpress for 5+ years but wanted to use Xeno for my next project. My question is when buying a host will any hosting server work?

I'd be buying just an everyday hosting service from either Godaddy or hostgator. Both of which I've used in the past.

If I also pay Xeno to install it on the server will these hosts be ok?
choose your host carefully. i do offer shared hosting...but unlike the mega sized hosters I would want to know about the size of the site you are looking to bring. I do not run artifical limits on my accounts(godaddy) but i also do not want to crush the server so my other clients are impacted. Just as an aside I actually do host one XF site along with about 25 others on one server. XF is one of the lowest resource using software packages out there. The biggest usage for XF is data transfer. CPU, RAM, Database query are all much lower than a comparable Wordpress site. If you are interested pm me..otherwise take this as free advice...:)

Top Bottom