Looking forward now to 1.1

I'm an umpire... I was supposed to have a game today... but the state closed the fields due to EXTREME HEAT.

Its summer.

Lol, my nephew got told to come in 1 hour later to school today because their drainage had been blocked after all the rain yesterday and two buildings were inaccessible because all the water had drained down the school around those buildings. Summer is Over.

I don't know what it's like over there but it's kind of difficult to tell what is going on with the weather sometimes. What I'm saying is that you can't really say it's not summer just because of a couple days of rain unless it is consistent. Here in California there had been some unusual weather for this time of the year. :)

Whether or not if you think the weather is important in topic, it would be good if people could decide whether or not to use weather or whether correctly! At least nobody used wether. So whether you use weather or wheather or even wether, make sure you know which weather is the right whether!

:giggle:

Ontopic, I hope 1.1 is soon :D

You guys have a great sense of humor, but 1.1 won't be released this week. Facts are facts. Winter or summer, I am sure we'll weather the season just fine until it rolls out on xf.

Whether or not if you think the weather is important in topic, it would be good if people could decide whether or not to use weather or whether correctly! At least nobody used wether. So whether you use weather or wheather or even wether, make sure you know which weather is the right whether!

:giggle:

Ontopic, I hope 1.1 is soon :D
That post would've been great if you mixed the homophones to really confuse people :D

I can't see 1.1 for another few weeks, but that's fine by me.

That post would've been great if you mixed the homophones to really confuse people :D

I can't see 1.1 for another few weeks, but that's fine by me.

I think if I mixed them it up would have been a bit high brow for most to understand the joke :D

I think proper anticipation should only start once it rolls out on XenForo, and/or we see a first beta.

I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy here because I have just received an email newsletter from XenFans which Floris runs and guess what the lead story is... yes, XenForo 1.1.

He says "We're discussing and sharing what 1.1 is all about".

That sounds like proper anticipation to me. I rest my case :)

Thanks for jumping on me; the discussion is here:

XenForo 1.1 Around the Corner

Per your definition I am not allowed to participate in this discussion, talk about xenforo 1.1 or have the members on my site talk about it - because that makes me a hypocrite? Where do I say in any of my posts in this thread that I do not anticipate the upcoming release, that I won't like it, etc.. All i said is that I find that what some people say is just a bit silly to me.

I do mention in my thread on my site:
OMG I want it now, why does it take so long?
It's not long actually, there's no sign at this point 1.1 is not on schedule. Now an explanation:
From what we at xenfans have observed, it's because they want to do things right.
They're not hacking together some code into an existing product. They're engineering and trying to be innovating. This takes time. And they want to do right by the user.
Finding the right balance of user experience, user interface, progressive enhancements, using modern technologies for improved usability while keeping a light-weight product feature rich and easy to use by admins, staff and visitors.
Oh, and they're a small and new start up that's got claims filed against them by competitive corporation; This tends to eat up your time as well.

I know it's easy to just jump on me Ingenious, but it seems you didn't even read what I actually posted here, the intention of it, or what my opinion about 1.1 actually is, nor read the newsletter or the thread - but instead just run over here to point out the first thing that jumped to your mind.

I can have an opinion - and perhaps even say I find it's silly what was said by some .. I am not saying those people are silly - nor did I call them anything.

You can have an opinion, but I can't appreciate you trying to troll me by posting misinformation based on lack of brain activity just as argument to disvalue my opinion.

What I find interesting (just to return the favor) is the following quote, made by you a while ago, on my site:
http://xenfans.com/threads/the-ridi...d-closing-on-xenforo-continues.203/#post-1441
So this is why I registered and supported this site, I'd like to be able to feel I can post (constructive) criticism of the product or the people behind it and not get stamped on.

Call your mom all the names you believe she deserves, don't call me a hypocrite - especially when you're wrong. Especially when you mention on my site your opinion about the way things are done here sometimes, and that you feel we can have these sorts of discussions on my site.. which should include an open discussion about the 1.1 release, which I think we can both agree on is relative to a xenforo FANS web site.

See how easy it is to just jump to conclusions or simply be annoying for the sake of it?

Is it Winter or Summer ?
Nevermind !!!!

I drink Miller Light because it tastes great !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think Floris is right, but so is everyone else.
It is unfair to whine about the 1.1 release date. Summer 2011 was a very acceptable timeframe. People can plan around that. And if it is Jan 2012, people would be justified in being annoyed.
UserGroup promotion should have been in Xenforo 1.0 - I think it was predictable it was essential. Considering how Feature Rich Xenforo 1.0 is ... I don't think this minor oversight is meaningful. I suspect if anyone other than KAM released xenforo 1.0 there would be alot more missing ! ;) I wouldn't have predicted that people were so gaga over Thread Prefixes, but I've never used a forum that had them.

Creating an ideal atmosphere for developers is the only important thing left to do.
Neither vBulletin or IPB ever did a good job of encouraging developers.
If Xenforo aces this need, the sky is the limit.:p

sky-is-limit.jpg

Floris what your reply seems to be saying is this. We can all get excited about 1.1 and it is perfectly fine for you to throw cold water over this because that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But if anyone does the same to you, it's not acceptable and is trolling. Great!

Top Bottom