Looking for dedicated server or partial in US

Can you give an idea of
number of posts on your boards?
Members?
Number of visitors on site at one time (according to either XF or google real-time)?

This will make it easier to suggest the type of server.

@MattW moved us to a Knownhost VPS (3GB RAM) and we had over 350K page views one month without even hitting 2% as far as server load (on the total server which the VPS sits on). In general, unless your page views are in the millions per month you may not need dedicated.

I will need someone to move my site over as well

I do need Cpanel
I've only ever used @The Dark Wizard's VelocityIO and have had a great time with them. They also just got some new servers built and are ready for live use I hear, so that's always awesome news. I'd definitely recommend VIO to you. The service is fast and the communication is excellent.

You can find their thread posted here on XenForo at the following: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/velocityio-hosting-powered-by-lite-speed-enterprise.88254/

I can't imagine why users asking for dedicated servers constantly get steered to shared and limited hosting - but I'm not going to try to be the one to inject sense into others heads.

To the OP - all I can say is let the buyer beware. Any site worth a dime should not be on anything other than a decent VPS....or better...which is, of course, what you asked for in the first place!

Over and out....

Any site worth a dime should not be on anything other than a decent VPS....or better...which is, of course, what you asked for in the first place!

Over and out....

Strongly disagree. We have had communities with over 1,000 online and millions of post move to our Premium xenForo shared hosting from dedicated servers and been told several times their site out performs their old dedicated server hands down and only at a fraction of a cost. All of these said clients have been on board with us over a year or longer too, nor have we ever had a large community cancel to return to a VPS or dedicated server. Not all shared hosting is alike...

OP never asked for a VPS either.. After them messaging me direct, her needs are very far from requiring a dedicated server, she simply requires a better host..

Ten Four...

This guys are pretty descent. constant.com

I have servers with them since last 5 years. Solid network, DDoS protection included and descent support.

Good luck server hunting but if you can set it up without cPanel then I would say go without it and install all up on shell. Might be learning curve but it's worth it.

Xenforo community is super helpful. All your questions would be answered in max 1-2 days, most of the time, few hours.

Note: Using my affiliate link ;)

Last edited:
This guys are pretty descent.
You need to mention when linking when you use an affiliate code in your link and disclose your affiliate relationship.

Rule #10 If you recommend a product or service and link to it with an affiliate code, you must disclose the affiliate relationship

You need to mention when linking when you use an affiliate code in your link and disclose your affiliate relationship.

Rule #10 If you recommend a product or service and link to it with an affiliate code, you must disclose the affiliate relationship

Oh didn't knew about it. I think I was pretty clear when I said I have been with them since last 5 years i.e. I am one of the customer who is happy with them. :)

I think I was pretty clear when I said I have been with them since last 5 years i.e. I am one of the customer who is happy with them. :)
There's a difference between saying "I'm happy with them, here's a link to them" and
"I'm happy with them, here's a link to them and if you use it I get a benefit from it", which is basically what an affiliate link is. The rule was to make sure that the person being referred knew that the referring person had a pecuniary interest in them joining/becoming a customer by that link.

Top Bottom