Add-on Looking for add-on that logs username changes

Feanor

I am looking for an add-on that logs username changes and displays the list in the user's profile. Who can view the list is based on the usergroup permission. It needs to work with username changes from admins, other add-ons, or any other source. However, it needs to keep record of name changes even after XF's change log is pruned. Does such an add-on exist?

I've tested Username Change by Siropu, but it seems to only log changes made by the add-on itself.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-essentials.6272/ might be the one you need.
Change User Name. Members may change their user name x amount of times by selecting the 'Change User Name' link on their Account page. Option to display previous usernames via a tab on the profile page.
  • Previous Name Changes/Requests Information. Moderators may view the details of previous name change requests. Approved, Denied, and those Pending Approval requests, all display their relevant information in an overlay.
  • ACP User Edit Previous Names.The user edit page in the Admin Control Panel (ACP) displays a list of previous names held by that user.

I can see previous names from an admin change in the ACP and on a tab in the profile page, as an example.

Last edited:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-essentials.6272/ might be the one you need.

I can see previous names from an admin change in the ACP and on a tab in the profile page, as an example.

Thanks, I asked in the thread just to confirm. Does the tab have permissions on it by the way? I'd probably only allow staff to use it.

The one from Siropu do that

Unfortunately, like I mentioned, it seems to only log usernames that were changed by the add-on itself.

Thanks, I asked in the thread just to confirm. Does the tab have permissions on it by the way? I'd probably only allow staff to use it.
Yes, in the User Essentials options there's a setting
Display previous user name list to
  • Nobody
  • Administrators and moderators only
  • Administrators, moderators, and the user only
  • Members only
  • All visitors
This option controls who will be able to view a user's previous user names.

Top Bottom