• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Looking for a few beta testers: What's New Block add-on

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Floris

This plugin turns this:

Screen shot 2011-10-08 at 5.05.10 PM.webp
into this:

Screen shot 2011-10-08 at 5.04.54 PM.webp

browser will have a title, there will be breadcrumbs, there will be a title + description, and there will be a nicely marked up page design with options for users to choose from.

Settings are in acp > options > settings:

Screen shot 2011-10-08 at 5.03.29 PM.webp

This plugin is the first (and kinda unfinished) build of the XenFans.com - What's New Block.

I hereby invite you to give this a try on your board. This is the version I currently run live on XenFans.com

Just upload the files, import the .xml and go through the settings.

Known Issues: Friendly URLs might need to be turned on for all links to work. Not all plain text are moved into phrases yet, and don't turn on the sidebar - it isn't working yet.

This should work on 1.0 and 1.1 of XenForo.

Looking for: Typing errors, broken links, settings that don't work, missing links / images, general or specific feedback, complaints, and suggestions.

It was intended to release this to only premium users, this won't be the case, it will be a free download to everybody.

If you're interested in helping test this release, give some feedback/suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks, more progress has been made, and once I have enough feedback I will process it and release it.

I really like this idea - keep people on your forums even when they've read the latest posts - I might get chance to install this on my 1.1 beta 2 test site sometime this week. :)

This is a great idea for a mod :D
My feedback would be that maybe at some point in the future it could aslo revamp the error page.

Thanks everybody, you should have all received a .zip in a PC.
Enjoy, and let me know how it goes.

Internally there's a more ready-to-release version 1.0.2 build,
which I will try to update with some feedback before making public as a release.

All the feedback is much appreciated.

Floris,

I run this mod, but its not in my list of add-ons, I have had it for a few months though..
Any suggestions?

Also can you send me the zip, as this version has some better functionality than I remember,

You perhaps installed the phrase modification version of it?
This is not released before October 8th.

Revert the phrase from English, so it will be the default again.
And I will PC you the link to the beta build.
I expect an updated public release of it some time next week, depending on the amount of feedback.

This is a great idea for a mod :D
My feedback would be that maybe at some point in the future it could aslo revamp the error page.
A separate plugin will be released to do custom error pages. It's very alpha at this point.
But the 404 one (this route does not seem to exist) is basically looking like the what's new -not found- page.

A separate plugin will be released to do custom error pages. It's very alpha at this point.
But the 404 one (this route does not seem to exist) is basically looking like the what's new -not found- page.

Thats GREAT news Floris, It really is prime real estate that by default has not been built on. (just another empt block)
I always look forward to seing what You/XenFans come up with next, Keep powering ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom