Longtime vb3 user... considering a move to XF

plcguru

Hi,
I'm running vb 3.8.11 and thinking to get XF. Some questions:
  1. If I look at a topic here I have to move my mouse onto thread title to see the first 150(or whatever number) of characters of the post. My existing vb3 forum has the first 150 characters of the post underneath the title so the user doesn't have to mouseover it to see if it interests them or not.
    Can that be done in XF?
  2. My vb3 threads have similar threads below each thread page. Possible in XF?
  3. My vb3 users are required to manually add their country flags to their profile and the flags display under their username when posting. Possible in XF?
  4. I have zero locked threads. The forum has existing threads dating back about 20 years. I'd like to lock most all of them when I upgrade. I'd also like to auto-lock threads after x months of no posts(for example). Possible in XF?
Thanks!

Hi there!

1. If I look at a topic here I have to move my mouse onto thread title to see the first 150(or whatever number) of characters of the post. My existing vb3 forum has the first 150 characters of the post underneath the title so the user doesn't have to mouseover it to see if it interests them or not.
    Can that be done in XF?
  2. My vb3 threads have similar threads below each thread page. Possible in XF?
  3. My vb3 users are required to manually add their country flags to their profile and the flags display under their username when posting. Possible in XF?
  4. I have zero locked threads. The forum has existing threads dating back about 20 years. I'd like to lock most all of them when I upgrade. I'd also like to auto-lock threads after x months of no posts(for example). Possible in XF?
1) Yes
2) Yes. There is a smilar thread addon made by @AndyB.
3) Yes. This can be easily done in XenForo
4) Yes

It's out of the box, just try it here.
Sorry but I still don't see what I'm looking for. Maybe my poor explanation...

Here's what I see:
Notice, My mouse is over the title and a popup comment shows the text.mouseover.webp

What I want to see is the popup characters always directly under the title and NOT in a popup. I don't want to have to mouseover every topic to see a preview. So, the topics should all look like this(probably 100 or so characters would be better):mouseover2.webp

Can I do this out of the box like changing a setting somewhere or whatever? I don't see anyway just playing with the demo site but I'm obviously a noob to XF.

Thanks!

I have zero locked threads. The forum has existing threads dating back about 20 years. I'd like to lock most all of them when I upgrade. I'd also like to auto-lock threads after x months of no posts(for example). Possible in XF?
Ok, So I found how to batch lock them after converting from vb3...

1581991180651.webp

but where do I find how to auto-lock a thread after x months of no posts?
Thanks again!

Top Bottom