Not planned Longer template list

[xFv]

Hello!
I noticed the template list goes to only 300, could you possibly raise the limit to 500? 300 just is not enough.
Or maybe even put a page numbers selector on the top of the list.
This would benefit style devolopers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is limited for performance, amongst other reasons. There are numerous filtering options which you'd normally expect to use. Browsing a list of 800+ templates is not really what is expected to be the primary method of finding templates.

At least throw a page selector at the top.
I am developing a style and my templates are all the way at the bootom of the 2nd page, since there is no page selector, or longer template list,
I hace to scroll all the way to the bottom of the 1st page and hit next just to get to my templates. Does not make much since imho.
The filtering options in templates dont really apply to styling except for the text input box, but by the time I am done typing something, I could
already be at my templates.

I'd prefer an even more strict limit like 100 or 50, since you never should actually scroll through them and use basic filtering or search for that. The faster templates list opens or filters the better.

I'd prefer an even more strict limit like 100 or 50, since you never should actually scroll through them and use basic filtering or search for that. The faster templates list opens or filters the better.
Like I said... I would settle for a page selector on top! That would be minimum.
Not only that, who remembers the names of all their templates or even XF templates?

Like I said... I would settle for a page selector on top! That would be minimum.
Not only that, who remembers the names of all their templates or even XF templates?
Well it's impossible to remember them all, but you're not supposed to, again, searching and filtering does all the job. For your own templates I'd suggest to always use a prefix. And if you can't remember how you called that template that might be a good reason to reconsider your naming approach.

Last edited:
I agree with @CyberAP if anything a lower limit would be my choice. If I'm not sure what template I need I usually have a search phrase in mind so that'll turn up in search. Filtering is good when you do know the template name and or have prefixed your own templates (you should if your releasing stuff on a regular basis).

Surely you're asking for trouble if you fail to use a prefix or other easy way to identify which templates belong to your style rather than the core?

Top Bottom