Long pressing reaction

mjda

Affected version
XF.com
When long pressing the reaction button I'm now getting a popup like long pressing a standard link, as seen in the attached screenshot.

I just verified that it doesn't happen in any of my sites running the latest version of XF. It only does it on this site and I only noticed it today.

Oh yeah...I'm using Chrome on Android 14.

Screenshot_20240305-215441.webp

———

For me xenforo.com

View attachment 299254

Works better than other xenforo sites

On my sites, it's the expected behavior. Nothing happens with the browser. The reaction popup just pops up and that's it. The issue I have is only on xenforo.com, so I'm assuming it's something that changed with the last update.

Long pressing on Quote does the same thing, but that's what would be the expected result for a long press there, at least imo.

Unfortunately sometimes it's not possible to override certain browser behaviours and this may be one of those cases.

I'll leave this open for a closer look but I'm fairly sure we have things in place that should prevent this, but it seems they may not be entirely preventable in some cases.

It appears as though you might be pressing for longer than you need to in order to bring up the reactions. Pressing for a shorter time should get the reactions without the browser pop up.

It appears as though you might be pressing for longer than you need to in order to bring up the reactions. Pressing for a shorter time should get the reactions without the browser pop up.

I've tested this, too, on two of my forums. On either of those sites, it doesn't matter how long I hold the "Like" link. That box will never pop up. It only does it, at least for me, on this site.

I can confirm this on my S24plus on android 14 using both chrome, firefox and Samsumg browsers. Only happens on XF.com, its fine on another XF forum I help admin.

I have Android 9 and this "what to do with the link" dialogue shows up only on this site with XF 2.3.

I know forums with XF 2.2 and it works there without the browser dialogue.

It is a small but serious issue, cause people will be annoyed by that dialogue endless times.

Top Bottom