XF 1.3 Login timeout?

page3

Our administrator has experiences unexpected logouts while writing tutorials (= long posts that take a while to put together).
Can someone tell me where in the controls I can make adjustments so that this does not happen again?

Thanks, rainmotorsports. So there is no settings that determines how long a login session lasts?

There is an online status timeout that doesn't effect session length. I am not all that knowledgeable on the sessions but with the checkbox set on login to stay logged in it should be fine. I know under extreme durations of a window being open you can get a security error. But thats usually days.

Thanks. I noticed that section, thought it meant your username disappears from the who's on line. Turns out this was set at 15 minutes. I changed it to 60 which is the highest it will go.

Just to clarify, the option mentioned by Jake isn't related to the actual session time out. It is indeed just who shows up as online. There are no options related to session timeout itself, it is always 60 minutes. There are caveats though: any request will extend this, including behind the scenes requests (including draft saving), and if you have focus on the window, a request will always be made that keeps the session alive.

Top Bottom