1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Login slider no longer works

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by WhoIsDo, Aug 18, 2013.

1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Since upgrading to 1.2, my login slider (where users click "login" in the upper-right) no longer works. The "Search" function in the admin panel is no longer able to be clicked either. Any idea what's happening?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Do you have a URL example?

In general, I'd recommend confirming on a default style and also using the file health check to confirm the files have been uploaded correctly.

3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Hi Mike,

Here's the URL. The login slider is pretty temperamental at this point, as it'll work some times but not at others. I've checked the file health and everything checked out fine.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Thanks, I'll try that. It started "working" again before I removed that piece of code, but I'll keep tabs on it to see if it happens again.

6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Tried the solution suggested in that thread, but it didn't actually seem to stick. I've noticed that when the search doesn't work in the admin panel, the little magnifying glass isn't present. Any ideas?

7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Disable "Rocket Loader" on your website at CloudFlare settings.

8. RoldanLT

9. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Even if I disabled & removed Cloudflare? I don't even have that website listed on Cloudflare, so would that feature still be affecting it?

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can see the CloudFlare and Rocketscript changes still happening:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    try{if (!window.CloudFlare) { var CloudFlare=[{verbose:0,p:0,byc:0,owlid:"cf",mirage:{responsive:0,lazy:0},mirage2:0,oracle:0,paths:{cloudflare:"/cdn-cgi/nexp/abv=1772709731/"},atok:"9672721e2d2c4dfa9496cb8a83e284b1",zone:"playst4tion.com",rocket:"a",apps:{}}];document.write('<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/abv=2310247235/cloudflare.min.js"><'+'\/script>')}}catch(e){};
    //]]>
    </script>
    <script type="text/rocketscript">
    var _b = document.getElementsByTagName('base')[0], _bH = "http://www.playst4tion.com/community/";
    if (_b && _b.href != _bH) _b.href = _bH;
    </script>

Code:
    <script data-rocketsrc="js/jquery/jquery-1.10.1.min.js" type="text/rocketscript"></script>
    <script data-rocketsrc="js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=0c16152a" type="text/rocketscript"></script>

11. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Should I go back & set up Cloudflare, only to disable Rocketscript, pause & then delete it? Not sure what to do since I have it removed. I may have installed it via my host, but there's nothing on Cloudflare's website...

12. RoldanLT

Go to Cpanel > CloudFlare > Disable your site on CLoudFlare.

13. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Oddly enough, that function didn't work until you posted for me to do that. I've disabled it from cPanel. The code is gone now, correct?

14. RoldanLT

Yes, looks fine now.
    The only reason on your problem is rocket loader.

WhoIsDo likes this.
  15. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Thanks for your help!

RoldanLT likes this.
  16. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

They need to rename it to Rocket Xploder Loader since it blows up a lot of stuff. Of course, that is why (last I looked) it was shown as BETA.

WhoIsDo likes this.