1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Login issues

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ChrisW, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

I've just imported an installation from vbulletin v4 to xenform but i now have an issue logging in. I can login fine but i only remail logged for a couple of page loads then im logged out again. Ive tried deleting cookies trying other browsers but with no luck any ideas anyone ?
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Front or backend?

Does your IP change often?
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the URL flipping from www to non-www or vice versa?
  4. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Does not appear so, The admin area seems worst on every page load i need to login again front end seems every 5 or 6 page loads.
  5. Brogan

Are you caching sessions via config.php?

Do you have a reverse proxy such as CloudFlare?

Is your IP address changing with page loads?
  6. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

I only have the standard install code in the config.php file, I dont use any reverse proxy and ive checked my ip address which remains the same on page loads.
  7. Brogan

I have just logged in to your ACP with JS disabled and there is a message: "There are manual rebuild processes that have been stopped before completion. Click here to complete them."

Did you manage to actually complete the import?
    Did the login issue happen before you did the vB import?
  8. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

No problems with vbulletin, Import completed fine. But had issues logging in so I then tried running Rebuild user cache to fix the problem but am now unable to complete that because on every reload it logs me out.
  9. Brogan

I had a quick look but I couldn't see anything obvious.

Did you or your host make any changes at all prior to the problem starting?
  10. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Problem appears to have fixed itself now. I'd completed the user cache rebuild and its now fine. Thanks for your help.