Resource icon

Login as User 1.2.7

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Login As User by Liam W - My version of Waindigo's addon...

I had been using @Waindigo's version of this addon for some time, but I needed some other specific features, and the code used by @Waindigo was quite complicated to find my way around.

So, I made this today. It has the following features:
  • Permission to control who can login as other user
  • Permission to control if a reason must be specified or not
  • Send a PM to user when someone logs in as them, containing reason
  • Permission to stop people logging in as user with that permission...

Read more about this resource...

Bug found: When logging into multiple users without moving back to original user, you lose the link to log back in as yourself and instead need to logout entirely and re-login as yourself.

Bug found: When logging into multiple users without moving back to original user, you lose the link to log back in as yourself and instead need to logout entirely and re-login as yourself.

I can see how this would happen. I think it's more that I didn't think it would be an issue, as I didn't think people would login as someone with the permission to login as someone, if you know what I mean.

I'll get it fixed :)

Liam

It probably isn't an issue in normal use. I'm using this on a testing site and so I was logging into a bunch of testing users (different permission groups) when I noticed it. It might not really be a bug.

New Possible Issue:
When logged into another user, you can actually go into the Inbox and delete the automated PM sent thereby making the user never aware of the intrusion.

leaveconvo.webp

Possible fix: Sending the PM after the original user has logged out of the other user's account and not before.

New Possible Issue:
When logged into another user, you can actually go into the Inbox and delete the automated PM sent thereby making the user never aware of the intrusion.

View attachment 63066

Possible fix: Sending the PM after the original user has logged out of the other user's account and not before.

That would only be an issue if you had unstrustworthy staff members ;)

I like the idea for the fix though. I'll implement it sooner or later :)

(I've been working on my Android apps recently)

Liam

I agree and it shouldn't really be a problem with the right people. I'll make sure I'm strict with it's usage on a live board.

So far I'm using this on my testing board and I love it cause I don't have to manually log in and out to all 18 of my User Groups. This is actually working quite well and the new update really improved the speed at which I could login as a normal user, check things, and log in as a premium member and so fourth.

I need help: copied all files to correct folder, installed plugin, but it is not visible on top of the page while I logged as an admin. I use 1.2.4. Please PM if you need more details or access to the forum

I need help: copied all files to correct folder, installed plugin, but it is not visible on top of the page while I logged as an admin. I use 1.2.4. Please PM if you need more details or access to the forum

As @xIsabel38 said, you need to grant yourself (and any other users) permission to use the addon before you'll see the link.

Liam

Reactions: Jak
Liam W updated Login As User by Liam W with a new update entry:

URGENT SECURITY UPDATE

It has come to my attention that this addon could allow an attacker to access the user account of anyone with permission to login as another user.

This urgent security update fixes this security issue.

I am not aware of any site affected by this security issue.

PLEASE UPDATE ASAP

Importing of the XML is not required, but is recommended to keep the version numbers accurate.

Read the rest of this update entry...

error :(

pwx9.png

JWfG8ZA.png

Top Bottom