[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

Jon I am registered on your WF site as Jōmon, and my account was activated at one time. When I logged in just now to make a post, it told me I never activated my account and that I could resend the activation email (even though I was activated). I have tried that several times but the activation email is not coming. Since I cannot get support there, and you do not reply to PMs here, this is the only way I know to get in touch with you. Thank you.

This hack does not work, as soon as I select a member to "Login" as it just reverts back to a guest account ?

This hack does not work, as soon as I select a member to "Login" as it just reverts back to a guest account ?

I have been having this issue trying to login to my lowest user group. For awhile I was actually having security errors logging into higher permission accounts (cant be related...) and getting reverted back to myself. But that stopped and I can log into any level except my registered users.

Definitely been weird in 1.4.

When I just uploaded the contents of the upload file to my root, my forum closed pending an upgrade. Is this normal for this add on now? It is "Processing" now . . . . processing is comlete and forum reopened. Man that's weird I don't like that. There should be a warning to admin that's going to happen.

It is normal for all Waindigo add-ons. It is a security feature as uploading files that don't match the currently installed add-on version presents a potential security vulnerability as well as potential issues with users getting all sorts of errors.

You can avoid it happening by using an installer add-on, such as Install and Upgrade by Waindigo. The upload and installation is then done instantly, so the forum doesn't have to close.

This hack has stopped working for me for some reason ?

When I ht the "Login as User" button I get a sign near admin that its working on something and then nothing ??

It is normal for all Waindigo add-ons. It is a security feature as uploading files that don't match the currently installed add-on version presents a potential security vulnerability as well as potential issues with users getting all sorts of errors.

You can avoid it happening by using an installer add-on, such as Install and Upgrade by Waindigo. The upload and installation is then done instantly, so the forum doesn't have to close.
I did try the add on installer but could not see an advantage for using it so uninstalled it. I use several f your add ons and like them, but I don't like my forum shutting down without warning for a simple add on update. I find it difficult to believe it is truly necessary. Not a whine just feedback.

Top Bottom