1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logging in to multiple forum windows on same pc

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I just want to confirm something I noticed...

I am in the process of setting up my forums. To better learn the system I am using multiple windows logged into the forums. In the first window, I am logged in as "admin". In the second window I am logged in on a second account I made, Ryan (me). The idea is I wanted to look side-by-side at the differences between a normal user account and the administrator account.

I realized that when I log into the 2nd window as Ryan, my first window switches from being logged in as admin to Ryan, and vice-versa. Is this by design? If so, is there a work around for testing purposes? Or do I need to log into a second pc?

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

That's the normal behaviour of the browser;)
    Some browsers allow you to open a second window, where you'll get an other session, or you could use an other browser;) (that's how i'm testing)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can use a different browser or try using private/incognito browsing for the second window on the same browser.

4. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

Thank you both!