XF 1.4 Log Out Not Working

ViciousGnome

Hello, and thanks for trying to help me.

I can not log out of my forums. I have tried on multiple browsers, and it won't work. I click on the log out and I am still logged in. Any ideas?

Which URL are you using?
I note your site is available from www and non-www (see the FAQ for how to force it to one or the other).

Can you provide a test account so we can check?
You can send the details via conversation.

I just tested it with the details you provided and I was able to log in and out without a problem.

It's possible you have a local browser issue so try force clearing your cache and cookies.

You still need to resolve the issue of being able to hit both the WWW and non-WWW sites that Brogan brought to your attention. It login/logout issues if you don't.
I've tried all the codes in the FAQ, and none work. I'm at a loss for what to do at this point.

I've added those codes to the .htaccess file (one at a time of course, and deleting each prior one after trying a new one), and I put them prior to all other coding as instructed. The .htaccess file was located in my forums directory. I didn't see one in the root directory of my site. Any suggestions?

The one for XenForo needs to be in the directory where XenForo is located (all the .php files).
Are you running a CMS in the root directory?
In my root directory I run wordpress.

I used some of the code to force the removal of www, and it seems to be working now. When you use www it forces a redirect to the main site, which is a wordpress blog. Does anyone see something wrong still?

If you are using friendly URL's then you will need to put it in the forum directory (the example they give).
Every directory can have it's own .htaccess in it to control access to it if running Apache.

Top Bottom