XF 2.1 Log-in problems with XF2.1 beta

karll

I have a test install of XF 2.1 beta 5 under a sub-domain on a VPS running Apache and php-fpm.

As it's just a test install, it has 'HTTP Basic auth' so that a pop-up will ask for credentials before the forum is even displayed. This seems to work fine.

However, I then try to log in to XF, and while it doesn't give any error messages, it also doesn't log me in. It just goes back to the page I was on without logging me in.

In order to log in, I have to remove all the cookies for the sub-domain, restart Firefox, and then log in. That seems to work.

This happens a lot. I've seen the same problem with the previous beta releases as well.

I don't know if the problem is related to HTTP Basic auth, the use of a sub-domain, the browser, or something else.

BTW, I have un-commented this line in my .htaccess file, but it didn't seem to help:
Apache config:
    #    This line may be needed to workaround HTTP Basic auth issues when using PHP as a CGI.
    RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

I have a suspicion that it relates to cookies, but it may depend on how your server is configured as theoretically this wouldn't always be necessary, especially when a sub-domain is involved.
You may need to add the following to src/config.php on the test install:
PHP:
$config['cookie']['prefix'] = 'xftest_';
That will ensure your live forum cookies aren't conflicting with your test forum cookies.

Top Bottom