Implemented Log-in drop-down not logical

erich37

I would suggest a small improvement on the Log-in drop-down screen:

- currently, it says "Forgot your Password?" at the beginning of the "Password-box", which is a bit confusing.

I think users who register the first time, do not understand what the "Password-box" is intended to be.
They will be stucked at the Password-box as it says "Forgot your password?" instead of "Enter your Password" or just "Your Password" or "Password".

Not everybody is as experienced in using the internet as we are, so please make it as simple and logically to understand also for internet-newbies.

see screenshot to understand my suggestion:

top image: current implementation
bottom image: my suggestion

login_dropdown_not_logical.webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The text above the password box implicitly relates to it.

You don't have a "forgot password" link in your mock up.

I can confirm that even drop login is strange for some ...
in my analytics ....
there is a search entry due to search for xxxx forum login !

For me, TAB index is little annoying. When I am done with typing my username/email then I expect cursor to jump to password field on single TAB. But right now it focuses radio button which is not very often used (because default selection is obvious). :-)

For me, TAB index is little annoying. When I am done with typing my username/email then I expect cursor to jump to password field on single TAB. But right now it focuses radio button which is not very often used (because default selection is obvious). :)

[Implemented] fantastic. :-)

since the location of the phrase "Forgot Your Password?" has changed, I consider this suggestion implemented.

However, the width should be tweaked a bit, so that the wording for "Your name or email address" is shown in 1 line, not breaking into 2 lines.
Also considering german language, which has some more letters than the english wording......

text-one-line.gif

Top Bottom