Log Digest

Log Digest v3.0.1

No permission to download

Sim

Sim submitted a new resource:

LogDigest for XenForo 2 - Sends XenForo logs to administrators via email

This XenForo 2.0 addon sends a summary of XenForo logs to administrators via email.

Currently only server error logs are implemented.

This runs using a XenForo cron task and can be configured to check for new log entries on a fixed interval (minimum 5 minutes). So you could have it send a daily or weekly digest if you aren't interested in receiving emails more frequently.

You can also configure a maximum number of logs to include in each email (if more than the maximum logs exist since...

Read more about this resource...

Sim updated LogDigest for XenForo 2 with a new update entry:

v2.0.0 new addon_id

I am changing the structure of the addon_id I use for my addons - so this release is a re-release of the functionality currently available in v1.0.1, but with a new addon_id.

Note that you cannot directly upgrade from v1.0.1 - there are additional manual steps required - please see upgrade instructions below.

If you don't yet have v1.x installed, just install v2.x as you would normally do for any addon. If upgrading from v1.x of the addon, follow the instructions below...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Xon
New versions always get posted here - so no, not yet.

I have started worth on an updated version with some additional functionality, but it's going to be a while before it's ready.

The current version should work as expected.

Sim updated Log Digest with a new update entry:

v2.1.2 bugfixes

v2.1.2 (2020-05-16)
  • add version requirements to addon.json
  • bugfix: variable may not have been defined when we used it
  • use release version of hampel/xenforo-test-framework

v2.1.1 (2019-10-21)
  • fixed a bug in method name for cron task

v2.1.0 (2019-10-21)

• major restructure and rewrite of code to use repositories and services

Read the rest of this update entry...

After upgrading from XF 2.1.10 to XF 2.2.4 I don't get any error log notifications by e-mail anymore :( It was such a useful feature!

I just upgraded one of my sites to 2.2.4 and tested the log digest functionality and it worked fine.

Can you try the Test Log Digest function under the Tools menu in the Admin area?

Make sure you check the "Generate Test Exception" if you don't already have any errors logged.

Then check your Server Error Log to see any failure messages.

Sorry for my late reply, it was a very busy week. Thank you very much for your reply and suggestion of trying to use the test function.

While using the Test function sends me an email it doesn't work automatically when a new error is logged. Sadly, no email gets triggered. The cron job is active. Manually running the cron job doesn't trigger an email (only using the test function does).

Any ideas how to further debug? Thanks!

While using the Test function sends me an email it doesn't work automatically when a new error is logged. Sadly, no email gets triggered. The cron job is active. Manually running the cron job doesn't trigger an email (only using the test function does).
I have the exact same issue. It sends when using test log, but not when real error is triggered.

I'm out of the office for most of this week - but will investigate when I get a chance towards the end of the week (ping me in this thread if I haven't responded by next weekend).

From memory, there were some quirks with the detection of new log entries which could be causing issues here - I'll have to check the logic to see whether I can identify what might be happening.

FYI - I've identified something I think might be causing inconsistent behaviour with this addon (thus not sending logs) - I'm going to rewrite some of the internal logic and release a new version shortly.

Great addon, @Sim!

There's only a problem when installing this addon on a board with a lot of already logged errors: You cannot mark old errors as "sent". So you will (depending on amount and settings) get a lot of emails before you get the most recent errors. :-/

As you use simpleCache and not the database for marking errors as "sent" (and I don't want to mess with simpleCache directly in the database), that's not easy to resolve..

Reactions: Sim
Great addon, @Sim!

There's only a problem when installing this addon on a board with a lot of already logged errors: You cannot mark old errors as "sent". So you will (depending on amount and settings) get a lot of emails before you get the most recent errors. :-/

As you use simpleCache and not the database for marking errors as "sent" (and I don't want to mess with simpleCache directly in the database), that's not easy to resolve..

Yes, this is a good point.

I will look at changing the functionality to not send all existing logs by default.

I will look at changing the functionality to not send all existing logs by default.
cool! (y) - or, my suggestion: add an option to kind of "mark all errors read". Might be also helpful, if you have server troubles and get a lot of different errors in short time.

Top Bottom