XF 2.1 Locked out by two-step authentication

PaulaG

Some how I managed to accidentally enable two-step authentication and I'm locked out. I can't seem to do anything to get back in, and the system hasn't sent me any emails. However, our secondary admin did receive an email with a list of backup codes.

Why did he get them and not me, and what the heck am I supposed to do with these back up codes?

I can't find any info here other than the system will send you these back up codes. So now what do I do? How do I use these codes to get back in?

Thanks! That got me back in. Now to figure out what the heck happened. A number of things went wrong when I got locked out, but that's for me to work through.

So, apparently since I am the one who initially set up XF I appear to be a "Super Administrator" whatever the heck that is. I've added a 2nd person as an Administrator but he can only see "Tool" on the ACP. I've found words that talk about setting ACP permissions but I can't find any detail and no clear way to give full Admin rights to my 2nd Admin. Any ideas here?

Much appreciated. The tag "New member" under my avatar says it all. 20 years of experience on building other forums and 40 years of coding and I still manage to miss the obvious some times. ;)

Top Bottom