Lack of interest Lock the edit once a vote is cast (Answers in Question forums)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

beerForo

So they have time to compose and edit before the edit time or a vote, whichever comes first.

When you cast your vote it is for exactly what you see, not what they add or remove later.

This can lead to potential issues. Compromised votes, community trust, even trolling.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I’d rather see the content as quality without grammar errors or misspelled words.

The direct impact of poor grammar and spelling on page rank is most measurable in links and bounce rates. The overall quality of the content on your site will lead to more visitors and an increase in page views, affecting your page rank in a positive way. Poorly written content will reduce both links and the amount of time visitors spend on your site – all of which are important factors in Google’s page rank algorithm.

Wouldn't we all. Edit windows are a staple function on most communities. Most admins don't set it to forever. I'd like to go back to a few posts here. o_O This is simply triggering it with an action instead of elapsed time and can help keep voting integrity intact. ;)

Last edited:
I would like to add, also lock the post for edit if it is chosen as the solution (if there are no votes to lock it), or for those that don't agree with locking with votes perhaps you feel differently here, and if chosen as the solution, it should be edit-locked. I don't think a solution should be changed. If it is undone as the solution the edit could open if the allotted time has not passed.

Top Bottom