1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Location as Required field

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Bionic Rooster, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

Can Location be made a Required Field on Registration? I see there was an app for 1.2 but it broke some time ago.

Coop1979 likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The default fields can't.
    You can however create a custom profile field and force that to be required.

3. Bionic Rooster

With a custom profile field will that create a duplicate field then?

4. Brogan

5. Bionic Rooster

6. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

it's possible to do this by using a custom field and hiding the default location one.

I recently made an addon for this on my own site (needed to preserve 12.500 locations entered by members, yet migrate to the new field)

7. Brogan

The default field can be removed or hidden by editing the templates or via CSS.

8. Bionic Rooster

Easy for someone who knows what they are doing but it would be simpler if it were added to the Registration Setup then it wouldn't have to be be fixed every time there was an update.

9. Brogan

10. Bionic Rooster

Yes I realize that, and I was just stating my ineptness as a code modifier. LOL

11. Brogan

I'm half tempted to write a quick add-on to make the default fields compulsory...

Not sure I have the time though.

florencia likes this.
  12. Bionic Rooster

That would be nice and appreciated by many I'm sure :)

13. florencia

florencia Active Member

I need to change so many things in regards to the use fields, I'm messing so much around the templates and phrases that will never be able to upgrade xenforo again, in the custom fields list it would be nice to have the ones that already exists so that we can change the names, make them viewable in different boxes or not, etc (just like custom fields are right now). that will be already a big advantage.