Localhost install without an internet domain

Niteblade

Hi,

I just purchased Xenforo for the purpose of developing and getting familiar with the software and its code on my local server. I have not decided on a domain name yet. In the customer area, I am being prompted with, You must enter your site information before downloading. Since, technically, I don't have a site (yet), what information am I supposed to put here so that I can get my hands on the code?

:)

127.0.0.1?, Localhost?:-)

I have not tried anything but a domain name so I can't say for sure, but you could always put a domain name you own for now and switch it later I believe and just put Dev License or something for the site title.

Hi,

I just purchased Xenforo for the purpose of developing and getting familiar with the software and its code on my local server. I have not decided on a domain name yet. In the customer area, I am being prompted with, You must enter your site information before downloading. Since, technically, I don't have a site (yet), what information am I supposed to put here so that I can get my hands on the code?

:)

I know you can update the URL later. I would put in a filler value until you decide on a domain name, then update it. I like EQnoble's suggestion of 127.0.0.1 or localhost, that way it's obvious you are running a local install for the time being.

Top Bottom