1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Localhost install without an internet domain

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Niteblade, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Niteblade

Niteblade Member

I just purchased Xenforo for the purpose of developing and getting familiar with the software and its code on my local server. I have not decided on a domain name yet. In the customer area, I am being prompted with, You must enter your site information before downloading. Since, technically, I don't have a site (yet), what information am I supposed to put here so that I can get my hands on the code?

2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member, Localhost?:)

I have not tried anything but a domain name so I can't say for sure, but you could always put a domain name you own for now and switch it later I believe and just put Dev License or something for the site title.
  3. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

that's not what he is asking.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I know you can update the URL later. I would put in a filler value until you decide on a domain name, then update it. I like EQnoble's suggestion of or localhost, that way it's obvious you are running a local install for the time being.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All in the FAQ...

Do I need to enter the domain URL of where I intend to install the forum when I download the software?
    If you don't currently have a domain or don't intend to install it at this time, you can use localhost/