Lack of interest Local Image Storage Option

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ErrorCode

I think we should be able to have the option to store images locally. Say for instance someone tries to backlink a picture in their signature or post by storing it on their server and then posting it to your website (basically what I'm doing right now, for example; right-click my signature and open it in another tab). You should have the option to take the remote URLs/data and store it on your website's local server, cutting out unwanted backlinking and whatnot; that way links and content would show as if they're coming from your website, not from an external source. I think a lot of forum owners would find this option very useful.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I love this idea as it could also help save old threads from displaying broken images which over time can ruin a thread, The only problem I can see is such a feature may be looked at as a type of scraper and allow copyright infringements.

It has my support, though it might be a good idea to propose this as an unofficial add on.

Top Bottom