1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Loading takes quite a long time

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Deddy, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Deddy

Deddy Member

Hi All,

I've just launched my forum and it current has 24 users. I have a problem that at times when I load the forum_list or any page at all. I encounter that It may take half a minute or longer just for the browser to finish loading but most of the time it's a flash taking less than 2 seconds to load. I don't think it's a bandwidth issue because when I load webmin. It loads in a flash.

My Question is how to troubleshoot whats causing the latency.
    When I turned on the debug mode the number of queries to database is 12 - 14 quesries.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's my list config.php :

Notice I comment out some of the caching setting as I was troubleshooting this loading latency issue.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

Placing a hashtag in front of the lines inside the config.php is actually not an appropriate way to comment out sections but a code breach. In php, you can comment out single lines by placing "//" before them or multiple lines by placing "/*" in front of the section you want to comment out and "*/" after.

Adam Howard likes this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Disable all add-ons and test again.

If performance improves then it is an add-on.
    You will need to re-enable them one at a time to determine which one it is.

The FAQ in my signature has a troubleshooting section.

4. Deddy

Deddy Member

Thanks for the heads-up.

5. Deddy

Deddy Member

Noted. Thanks