Load Spikes Causing Server Downtimes - Is It An XF Addon?

I've a question: Why not make the latest threads (board-wide) display as RSS feed. That will make it lighter on the server, saving precious queries. :confused:
I assume this question is not for me :D So... keep an eye on your server stats to see whether things are cool in one week or two. Ping me if you have further problem.

I assume this question is not for me :D So... keep an eye on your server stats to see whether things are cool in one week or two. Ping me if you have further problem.
Well, it's for you. Just wondering if that takes the load off the server. I'm just learning things ;) . I'll keep an eye on updates.

One last question before I bug you again (later): Can we show the sidebar only to the visitors (and not to the logged in members) by using the conditional you mentioned above?

Well, it's for you. Just wondering if that takes the load off the server. I'm just learning things ;) . I'll keep an eye on updates.

One last question before I bug you again (later): Can we show the sidebar only to the visitors (and not to the logged in members) by using the conditional you mentioned above?
RSS feed? Well, there is no such feed so the widget has to pull data from the database.

Yes, you can use this condition (notice the operator, it's "==" now):

Code:
$visitor['user_id'] == 0

Top Bottom