XF 1.3 Load Full Profile on Login

Robert

I've looked in forums but not sure if there is mod already or if there is a setting in xenforo. However what would I need to do to have it so that when someone logins in rather than say goto the forums. The site makes a person load their full profile page as the first page they see when logging in?

Robert, you might be able to have some route redirect setup. There are quite a few who know how to do such... That's just beyond my area of knowledge.

Could find the template, change the login redirect... I think that'd work. Have it just pointed to the users profile somehow instead of forum home.

Just surprises there has been a mod made or in default where you could choose where globally users login. I know the software is primary focused on being a forum, but from a social media perspective having users be able to login to what's new page / activity stream, or their profile page when first logging in would be a nice option to have. I know a bit about redirects but looking for something a bit more robust.

AS @Sheldon has said, you could change the code to redirect to x page on log in, but that would be global and affect all members.

It would require an add-on to change that behaviour.

How does that remotely help with his question? Sheesh.

However what would I need to do to have it so that when someone logins in rather than say goto the forums. The site makes a person load their full profile page as the first page they see when logging in?

They should set their profile as their homepage or one of their homepage tabs.

@Amaury, what you are posting has no relevance to the OP.

They want members to be able to set up their own login redirect, which is not possible.

The question isn't so much to want people to setup their own login redirect as much as have the default login redirect be the profile page when a user first logs in vs the forum home page. Again not sure what is required for this but if anyone is up for making mod for that would love to see it or be pointed in friend direction to try and make it my self.

To change the location of the redirect you would look for and find the following line in login_bar_form:
HTML:
    <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{$requestPaths.requestUri}" />

However, what you would like to happen is slightly more complicated as you would need to redirect to the same page, but a different page for each user (their profile). What you are specifically looking to do would require an add-on to dynamically change the redirect URL.

And if someone was going to code an add-on, the feature that a lot of of folks would like would for it to have the ability to direct if certain (definable) fields have not been completed. :p

I've looked in forums but not sure if there is mod already or if there is a setting in xenforo. However what would I need to do to have it so that when someone logins in rather than say goto the forums. The site makes a person load their full profile page as the first page they see when logging in?
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-redirect-on-login-logout.1385/

Did anyone ever figure this out?

I'm trying to do the something very similar with 1.4

I made a separate login page for a specific usergroup using Kotomi. I would like for them to be redirected to "Your Profile Page" after login.

1.php
PHP:
<?php

$startTime = microtime(true);
$kotomi_indexFile = "./";
$kotomi_container = false;
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__)."/{$kotomi_indexFile}";
require "{$fileDir}/library/Dark/Kotomi/KotomiHeader.php";

include('./2.php');

require "{$fileDir}/library/Dark/Kotomi/KotomiFooter.php";

2.php
HTML:
<div id="xenlogin">
<form action="../login/login" method="post" id="pageLogin">
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt><label for="ctrl_pageLogin_login">Username</label></dt>
        <dd><input type="text" name="login" value="" id="ctrl_pageLogin_login" class="frm_textCtrl"></dd>
    </dl>
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt><label for="ctrl_pageLogin_registered">Password</label></dt>
        <dd><input type="password" name="password" class="frm_textCtrl" id="ctrl_pageLogin_password">              
        </dd>
    </dl>

<dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
        <dt></dt>
        <dd>
            <input type="submit" class="button connect" value="LOGIN">
        </dd>
    </dl>

<input type="hidden" name="cookie_check" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="">
    <input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="">
</form>
</div>

Somehow I need the redirect value to point to "{xen:link members, $visitor}".

This might not even be possible without an addon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom