Living out of my Toyota Tacoma, full-time, while traveling North and South America

Hey! How's the road trip going with teh covids and all?
We aren’t messing with it. We’re waiting for the country to learn to use masks (unlikely). We’re trying to do our part so right now we’re staying at my in-laws/in the truck but only in local areas (New York) and taking temporary trips. If other states ever figure it out we’ll be on the road again.

A few weeks ago we went from New York to Maine. It was a huge breath of fresh air because being at the in-laws so often is not ideal, lol. But even though Maine has done a decent job with the masks, it was still hard to find legal places to camp as most areas were still closed. You’d think camping = the best way to social distance.

7984033E-2E03-427E-8746-93207D6E9BBC.webp
F4D0C07D-3E4F-42A3-829A-77A951ACA51B.webp
D4FB64F7-6326-46F8-A5A2-B791C255E84B.webp

Been a while since I've posted in here, but I did a thing. Only took nearly a year but I finally made a video of the camper. Filming videos makes me feel like a lobotomy would probably be more fun. Let me know where I can improve. 🖤

Also, the gimbal has a mind of its own I swear its not me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whoa, life on the road has transformed you from a marine into a hippy. :D J/K.

Looks like you and the wife (and the dogs) are having quite an adventure. Hope it's still a lot of fun for you. (y)

Thanks for the vid, greatly detailed.
Thank you!

Whoa, life on the road has transformed you from a marine into a hippy. :D J/K.

Looks like you and the wife (and the dogs) are having quite an adventure. Hope it's still a lot of fun for you. (y)
Haha, you're close but the truth is I was a hippie that joined the USMC for the experience. Now I'm just my old self again and it feels kind of nice.

It took me a minute but I never realized you were on here, @sixlxvi

This is Oretaco from your forums. I guess I never looked at what the forum software was at the time lmfao.

Great content as always, brother!
Whoa, never would've thought I'd see a Tacoma friend here either! And thank you.

Thank you!

Haha, you're close but the truth is I was a hippie that joined the USMC for the experience. Now I'm just my old self again and it feels kind of nice.

I suspected! No judgement here, though, because I've spent the majority of my life as a long-haired hippy. Finally cut it short several years ago because I was lazy and didn't want to mess with it any more - plus I got tired of people telling me I looked like Jesus.

I'm looking at a "relative" here. 😉 I'm thinking my next vehicle may be a 4Runner Limited, since I want a true 4WD setup. An FJ Cruiser was a possibility but it might be a bit too quirky as this also has to be a daily driver for me when we're not on a road trip. I like traveling on the unpaved roads in Utah and Colorado. None of the heavy duty rock climbing, but if you know BLM146/Potash Rd. and surrounding trails in Utah, that's what we're interested in. It's just a long process finding a used one in my price range. And with the economy having tanked, it's a year or two off now anyways.

Enjoying the photos here!

If you ever travel the Pike's Peak Highway, you'll pass this sign on the way up.

View attachment 267168

Not my photo--I was too busy driving (and speeding up to avoid Bigfoot, of course).

Yes...it's a real sign.

Gotta hand it to those bigfoots - staying much better hidden since they found out all the humans are carrying around HD cameras connected to 5G internet. Where's all the HD footage of them we should have seen tons of by now?

Gotta hand it to those bigfoots - staying much better hidden since they found out all the humans are carrying around HD cameras connected to 5G internet. Where's all the HD footage of them we should have seen tons of by now?
They are smarter than they look. 🤨 And I think they use a Klingon cloaking device, or something, when humans enter the area...

Top Bottom