XF 1.1 Liveleak embedding

jauburn

LiveLeak embedding doesn't seem to work.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Yeah, the new video embedding is definitely spotty. Also, the above video from metacafe auto embeds fine when you post the link into the editing window, but it *doesn't* work when you post the link using the Media button on the toolbar.

LiveLeak embedding doesn't seem to work.

The embedding is working, but that specific video isn't loading. Other videos work, like this one:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Both videos are properly embedded into the post, but yours is having problems loading (liveleak problem).

Yeah, the new video embedding is definitely spotty. Also, the above video from metacafe auto embeds fine when you post the link into the editing window, but it *doesn't* work when you post the link using the Media button on the toolbar.

The editor shortcut works fine for me when using that URL:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7692281/review_review_episode_2/

What browser are you using?

I've had one user using mac having massive problems, I don't use the platform myself but apparently with Safari the common practice is to drag the link you want into your editor but when you do something funky happens and the media doesn't embed.

Liveleak has started allowing embedding videos from outside websites on their site. A user can submit a youtube video, and it simply embeds it on a liveleak page. So when you link to a liveleak video that came from youtube, you're trying to embed something already embedded on their site and it fails.

Liveleak has started allowing embedding videos from outside websites on their site. A user can submit a youtube video, and it simply embeds it on a liveleak page. So when you link to a liveleak video that came from youtube, you're trying to embed something already embedded on their site and it fails.

Huh?

You can submit a youtube video to liveleak, and they will embed the video from youtube in the liveleak website. At that point, if someone tries to embed that liveleak URL, it messes up because it isn't really a liveleak supplied video.

Liveleak heard you like video embeds, so now you can embed a video in your video while you're embedding videos.
Pretty much.

You can submit a youtube video to liveleak, and they will embed the video from youtube in the liveleak website. At that point, if someone tries to embed that liveleak URL, it messes up because it isn't really a liveleak supplied video.

Weird. Why wd anyone want to do that?

Top Bottom